How To Get To The Island
Directions from San José (SJO) & Liberia (LIR)
Isla Chiquita Glamping Hotel is set in Isla Jesusita, a tiny island in Costa Rica’s Gulf of Nicoya. On-site arrival facilities include a floating dock that allows for dry landings by yacht or boat. We also have a clearing that may be used as a heliport.
Isla Chiquita offers courtesy parking at Punta Cuchillos, our mainland facilities located approximately two miles from Paquera, Puntarenas. Our own water taxi provides guests with complimentary round-trip transfers from either Punta Cuchillos or the Paquera Ferry arrival platform (10-minute boat ride).
Directions from SJO
- Guests who visit us from the San José region must reach Puntarenas to board either the Paquera Ferry or a private boat transfer.
- Private boat transfer. It takes approximately 40 minutes to reach Isla Chiquita. To get quotation and schedule, please contact our Reservations Department: email@example.com
- If opting for the Ferry, please note that vehicles may go on board. Alternatively, there are third-party parking facilities near the Puntarenas boarding point. Please contact us and we will gladly assist you with logistics and suggestions.
- Foot arrivals by Ferry are greeted by our staff at the platform and are guided to the water taxi on site.
- Vehicle arrivals by Ferry must drive to the Punta Cuchillos parking facilities (free parking for our guests) to board the water taxi. See the video below for further details.
- Water taxi leaves from/to Paquera Ferry Station and Punta Cuchillos
Water taxi Timetable for check in
- 10:30 am, 11:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:45 pm, 3:45 pm, 4:30 pm
Water taxi Timetable for check out
- 08:00 am, 09:30 am,10:30 am, 11:15 am, 1:15 pm 2:00 pm, 5:00 pm
* Subject to changes without notice.
- If you take the Ferry to get to Paquera and access the island, our recommendation is to buy the ferry tickets in advance in Naviera Tambor website: www.navieratambor.com
How to get to Punta Cuchillos parking facilities from Paquera Ferry
Directions form LIR
Guests who visit us from the Guanacaste region must head to our mainland facilities in Punta Cuchillos. Driving time is approximately three hours. Our Reservations Department will gladly assist with transfer options or car rentals.
Vehicles may be left at our secured parking facilities in Punta Cuchillos.