We look forward to your arrival! We anticipate your visit, happy to share the wonders of Isla Chiquita and the incomparable Gulf of Nicoya. For your peace of mind, we have developed a detailed management plan to provide our characteristic hospitality under the highest health standard. Following the guidelines of Costa Rica’s health authorities, we want to help you and your loved ones enjoy a safe and relaxing island getaway.
Water Taxi Transportation / Tours
• Sanitizing alcohol gel will be provided for hand disinfection before and after boarding.
• The boat and life jackets will be disinfected before each use.
• Baggage will be sprayed with specialized disinfection products.
• The boat’s maximum capacity is set at six people to guarantee adequate seating and distancing.
• All passengers must sit facing forward.
• During tours and expeditions, a properly washed and disinfected towel will be provided for the individual use of all participants.
• All arrivals will be greeted at the small floating dock for a quick temperature screen. If a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius (100.4F) is detected, entrance is not allowed and we will recommend further evaluation by a doctor.
• All guests, suppliers and collaborators must proceed to the hand washing station and shoe disinfection mat before entering our facilities and enjoying our services.
• All staff members will be using personal protective equipment according to their functions. This includes a face shield or mask at all times and gloves for housekeeping as well as food & beverage services.
• Before your arrival, your glamping tent will be subjected to a detailed cleaning and disinfection protocol using specialized sanitizing products.
• The same procedure will be carried out when we service your tent. Housekeeping staff will wear a mask at all times.
Social Distancing & Bubbles
• We will continue to offer the hospitality and warmth that distinguishes Isla Chiquita us as a premium destination in Costa Rica. However, we are recommending physical distance protocols in all areas of the hotel including restaurants, trails, reception, etc.
• Please do not break your social bubble and abide by the recommended social distancing protocols (1.8 meters/ 6 feet).
Recommendations for our guests
• This is a collective effort! Each of us plays a role in safeguarding health.
• If you develop any suspicious symptoms, please inform us. We will take steps to protect you and your loved ones while seeking medical assistance as necessary.
• We recommend that you bring your own personal protective equipment and use it whenever possible.
• We have equipped our common areas and tents with gel alcohol dispensers to let you disinfect your hands frequently.
• For your convenience, and to stay safely hydrated, we recommend bringing your own refillable water bottle.
• We have electronic versions of our menus and special brochures. You can open them from your cell phone or tablet using the QR codes that will be provided during your stay.
Bars and Restaurants
• Reservations are absolutely necessary to allow the allocation of tables and dining times according to our policies.
• We will assign a restaurant table to your social bubble to be used throughout the stay.
• All meals will be served at Harry’s Bar, with a maximum number of six tables per shift. This in order to ensure a 50% capacity and a distance of at least 2 meters between tables.
• Washing your hands or disinfecting them with of gel is required before proceeding to the assigned table.
• There will be a minimum time gap of one hour between each shift to allow for a thorough cleaning and disinfection process.
Beach, Gardens and Trails Area
• Beach hours and ocean swimming will follow the regulations of the Ministry of Health.
• Cabanas will be served by our restaurant staff for your convenience and safety. We seek to minimize traffic through the common areas.
• Our small pool is properly chlorinated. Its use is restricted to avoid combining social bubbles. Please ask our staff for details.
• The maximum capacity on the Symbiosis Trail is 12 people.
• A temperature check and thorough hand-washing will be required prior to your treatment.
• Our staff will wear a face mask at all times.
During this unprecedented situation we will constantly monitor and adjust our policies, abiding by the evolving directives of the Ministry of Health. Our goal is to provide you with the safest and most enjoyable experience possible. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.